View Single Post
Old 28th July 2007, 04:48 AM   #13
Cynic
Expert member

Default Re: I'm new and learning. My WIP.

This craft is supposed to be 45m long, the width is 95% of the length, so that means it's about 42.75m wide. However, I didn't want to work on something that was 45m long and 42.75m wide, so I did my best to scale it to 1/10th of it's design size. Working on such a micro level means that 0.0001 error makes a difference.

I think this made it as unwieldy as working on something the size of a full-sized battleship. However, I think on the next model, I'm going to try working full-size, so a 250m long ship is going be 250m in AC3D (I'd like to take an aside and state that every time I say AC3D, I actually say AC/DC).

Anyway, here is my progress so far. I worked on a side and mirrored real-time to get symmetry. It's still far from done and I need to tweak it a lot before I'm happy with the final appearance. I've included the two pieces I did earlier to show how they fit into the overall picture.

I want to take another aside and say, Andy, great tool you made here. I'm still so very happy it didn't get discarded from lack of customer interest.

Last edited by Cynic; 28th July 2007 at 04:51 AM.
Cynic is offline   Reply With Quote