Thread: AC3D Review
View Single Post
Old 26th July 2006, 11:28 PM   #7
Dennis
Professional user

Default Re: AC3D Review

Hawk / night,

Looks like this was done using edge extrusions --- it's the way I build the head models that I make. Given enough practise with modeling heads, I can see how a model like this could be built in a few minutes. It used to take me a few days to create a head model when I first started, but nowadays, given a front/left view sketch, I can generally push out a head model in an hour or two.

I learned modeling using this method from this page (click the "Index" link for the full body tutorial):

http://www.3dtotal.com/ffa/tutorials...farc/head1.asp

This is easily the best edge-extrusion modeling link I've seen. It's for 3D Studio, so you have to just apply the techniques for AC3D --- for example, there are places where the author cuts geometry, but I find it faster in AC3D to keep extruding rather than working with the knife plugins.

EDIT: Actually, my newly-preferred method of slicing geometry is to use the Divide Loop plugin (available in the Plugins section of the forum). I used it extensively on the last edge-extrusion model I built, and it's gained a spot in my AC3D toolbar.

Last edited by Dennis; 26th July 2006 at 11:31 PM.
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote