Thread: Truespace
View Single Post
Old 24th October 2006, 07:15 AM   #17
Xjazz

Default Re: Truespace

Never tried TrueSpace

Blender comments here. Let me add my 2c

I'm very amateur part time modeler with ~1.5 year 3D modeling and ~9 months of python coding experience.

I tested/used AC3D since version 5.0 several times, because of my hobby modeling demand the AC3D format (very nice format) . The AC3D is nice but the hierarchy tree building and properties managing were clumsy at the best. I was hoping the AC3D 6.0 would solve this problem but no. This was a show stopper for me.

I took a fast glance to the Blender... Naaah! Way too complex! Later on I took a very good look to the Blender modeling and more I study it more I like it. The GUI with key commands really started to make a sense. Also Blender running much smooteher & faster on my aged ~1.5GHz CPU, 1G 333MHzRAM plus GF4 T14200 64M VRAM pc.

After I learned some python coding I could heavily modify the original Blender’s AC3D export script to meet my needs like; very easy one screen hierarchy tree and properties managing in Blenders text object editor.

Only things what I’m missing from AC3D are polylines and NGON’s. Well, maybe someday I can code those too.
Xjazz is offline   Reply With Quote