View Single Post
Old 5th January 2009, 11:56 PM   #3
Lucky1

Default Re: Defining surfaces and other new questions....

Thanks Lisa!

It took a bit but I was able to "connect the dots" and that is exactly what I am looking for. I thought there was a way for it to connect/show all the surfaces, but defining them individually works for me too. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa View Post
Subdivisions, by definition, will smooth the model.
The amount of rounding is controlled by how far apart the edges are; you can get a less-round corner by moving your edges closer together or adding additional slices you your model.
Ya, the problem I was having was only adding subdivisions to one line of a part. But I was able to Unweld a joint and do it to only the line I intended.

But the problem I have now is getting that line to bend. How do I do that? Sometimes I grab the middle vertex and it just leaves the line, the line doesn't move, any idea why?

And sometimes, if I add subdivisions to the line and move the center point that will give the appearance of a curved line. But when I look at the 3D perspective the line will not look curved. How can I make a smooth, infinately adjustable curve? Making smooth accurate curves will be critical to me.

Thanks again!
Wes
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote