Thread: Truespace
View Single Post
Old 25th October 2006, 03:32 PM   #18
CGMike

Default Re: Truespace

I've tried Truespace/Gamespace several times. Every time it's the same.. I just cannot get my head around the interface, which is supposed to be easier to use than the more traditional 3/1 view layout (3 orthographic/1 3D). I also hear the support is terrible and if you post in their forums about bugs with the software, they'll delete the topic. I've heard a couple times of people being banned because they "persisted" in discussing issues with the software in their forums. Very difficult to trust a company that goes to such lengths to silence any kind of negative info about its product.

As for Blender... it is a very odd piece of software.. but very, very powerful. It's a modeler, texturer, animator, non-linear video editing suite and even game-engine in one. And while the interface is confusing, it does make sense once you start working with it. Each new version is becoming easier and easier to use I find.

Still.. I like the straight forward, "obvious" setup of AC3D, which is why I continue to use it. Things just work the way I would expect them to.
CGMike is offline   Reply With Quote