Thread: Help
View Single Post
Old 20th March 2011, 11:17 PM   #7
zilverenmist
Advanced member

Default Re: Help

And that remind me to tell, I made the mistake to make all shapes from 1 line in the beginning, that is not always a good way to get what you want, sometimes you can put 2 easy shapes togheter as one complex shape(mirror options)
And if you experiment, don't forget to save before operations, even I do operations that the program can not do (like some convex surface/object vertex operations if you have forgot to weld and grab more points than is allowed)

the backup AC3D makes is often not the backup of the last work you did, that is why I spent more time on the button "save as" in most programs.

you made sureal shapes untill now? well time to dare an excisting shape
and rebuild something 3D that you realy like.

Also do not forget to keep a logic hyrarchy (in tools) so that you name every object, it is later if the model becomes more complex easier to find back what you need to change. each opject can have a name, and all spare parts together in an opbject you group as belonging in the group to the shape.
In that case you can also save complex objects as little parts at certain place; the end result will be all shapes and objects belonging to that world imported in 1 new clean file, and before you know you have a logic very complex world.

Hope you see what I try to tell you. Being logic may help you build with less problems. you must by now have found that on import objects and shapes apear at places from where you saved them.

and don't forget there are sample shapes and good lowpoly example in AC3D itself

Sorry for the typos, I won't correct them this time.

Rob

I hope this inspires you to build something that we can say of, hey man, great!
not just a sureal vaze that can not even contain a flower...