View Single Post
Old 8th February 2005, 07:57 PM   #1
modelracer

Default Foxed on easy problem - duh!

Hi all, just bought ac3d and very pleased with it - created a nice exhibition stand model with it already with lights etc, vey easy and straight forward.

But!

I work in Corel Draw to make 2D objects as the drawing tools are very good - then I have imported what is in effect a straight forward shape as a dxf into ac3d.

What I am struggling to do (and to be honest I actually can't believe I cant find a way to do this) is to take the 2D oject and extrude it as a combination of paths...

In Corel I have a shape that is a combination of 3 paths (a model race track) which as you can imagine is rather like a road that joins itself back up. When i import into ac3d and extrude, the paths become seperated and i get just edges rather than a blocked "road".

I have tried the merging surfaces / changing the line type etc etc but what i actually want to do is to remove the "infield" part of the circuit to make an object which is just the track. And I cant find any way to do it - this is a super simple thing and I hang my head in shame when I admit to not being able to suss it.

The above is my abortive attempt (Version No. 3492!) , as you can see the surfaces are all seperate rather then 1 simple (track) surface.

Can anyone assist?

Cheers

Owen
modelracer is offline   Reply With Quote