View Single Post
Old 6th July 2012, 01:43 PM   #3
Stiglr
Professional user

Default Re: LSCM mapping questions

One of the things I appreciated most about AC3D when I was taking a hard look at Blender was the way their respective TCEs worked. Blender 2.5+ had gotten fairly close to the functionality of AC3D with regards to texturing.... but no cigar.

I couldn't figure out how to be able to move and manipulate surfaces or vertices any way I wanted with the new Blender versions. I would select a surface and try to move it on the texturing window, and all the connected surfaces and vertices would distort as I moved the surface I wanted. I couldn't figure out how to "detach" a surface or selection of surfaces and manipulate it (remap from a different angle, etc.) separately.

With AC3D, you can easily move surfaces, vertices or both with complete control and ease of use. Then, when you get it aligned pretty close, you can select vertices on the TCE and snap them together to make it a perfect match on your model. I couldn't figure out how to do this in Blender 2.5/6 (that is to say, it *may* be possible, but it sure isn't as easy or intuitive as it is in AC3D).

My Gaming Rig:
i5 2500K Quad-Core CPU at 3.3GHz
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
4GB of PC12800 DDR3 memory
Windows 7
1GB Galaxy GeForce GTX550 Ti video card GeForce 270.61 drivers (4/2011)
Cougar joystick/throttle combo
CH Pedals
Stiglr is offline   Reply With Quote