View Single Post
Old 20th March 2011, 10:52 PM   #6
zilverenmist
Advanced member

Default Re: Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Person View Post
Thanks for the advice.
I have enough ideas, but manipulating the objects into what you want is kind of tough.
that needs time, it is like learning to bike, once you have done it you will not forget it.
I still use the manual for some things that I am not familiar with.
And as you might know by now my love is with ships, ship building and sailing.
I have been a ships engineer, so that is my link. And tell you one other secret? AC3D models cost a licence, real models in virtual quantity cost me a fortune.

My first ship model took me 14 days to build, the winning ship 2 days.
I think this can only be acomplished with doing it over and over again, untill things become a routine (specially all operations and tools in AC3D)
for new shape building try the replicator, it can replicate any shape in any scaling in any direction, just play with a line cube or other simple structure and start with falues like 1 and 2 untill you have the oh yeah! moment, and that is the moment that you can almost visualize what you have to do to get any shape from mind to desktop.

We all learned to walk step by step, and runners often break their legs

Cheer up, and see it from the bright side, in AC3D you never know if a vertice will be just a lonely point in space or be part of a universe.

By now there are trainz plainz boatz cities worldz build with this magnificent piece of software.
I started so late because I never had video hardware strong enough to run 3D programs except for easy computings Architect 3D.

Good luck,

Rob

Last edited by zilverenmist; 20th March 2011 at 10:55 PM. Reason: typos
zilverenmist is offline   Reply With Quote