View Single Post
Old 6th January 2009, 10:48 PM   #6
Lucky1

Default Re: Defining surfaces and other new questions....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa View Post
There are a couple of other options. You can try "Create Convex Surface" and "Create 2D Mesh (Front/Side/Plan)". These will only work if your surface is convex or flat, naturally, but you can multi-select the points with these methods.
Oh ya...that's what I'm talkin' about....thanks!!!

Now I still need to talk about curving lines again.

I changed the view as you suggested and it worked, in that the lines are also now curved in the 3D window, so that's good, but when I apply a surface to it it draws it to the point, and not along the line....do you know what I mean? It seems I need to add more and more points for it to draw the line curved....is that the only way?

Maybe let me put it another way......

What ways are there to draw a perfect curve that will show up curved after I apply the surface? Can you walk me through that?

I suppose one way it to plot a line from A to B, then I can add another vertex in the middle and pull that away to create a V shaped line. I subdivide that and it's nicely curved. But it won't fill in right, so I add more vertecies, but then it's no longer a nice smooth curve....it's changed.

I am also trying other programs that you can plot point A and then point B and arc the line in all kinds of infinate ways till you place point C, is there anything like that in this program?

Thanks again!
Wes
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote