View Single Post
Old 6th February 2008, 07:02 AM   #58
tbd
Professional user

Default Creating worn metal

Not that difficult actually. This is the way I do it. There is some free texture sites on the net with nice metal texture photos for download. You can also use a digital camera and take your own textures if you have that . I am now combining two textures to get what I want.

1. Open met1.jpg and met2.jpg in a paint proggy. I'm using Paintshop pro, but any paint program should work.

2. I have already taken the saturatin down a bit on met1 for you. This is a matter of taste and what you are after.

3. Now copy met2 and paste it as a new layer on met1.

4. Select the met2 layer and change the blend mode to luminance.

5. And thats actually it. It can be that simple. Or you can add another texture to what you already have.

6. Like adding met2a. Be sure to get the met2a on top of the layers and change blend mode to, lets say multiply. The options are many and only imagination is the limit. By combining and changing blend mode and transparency and using the clone brush you can get pretty ok textures.

7.Bellow are the textures (first three) I used, and the end resoults that produced (bottom two). >met1, met2, met2a, met3 and met4<

As for uv-mapping goes, I think I wrote something about that earlyer in the thread.
Attached Images

Last edited by tbd; 6th February 2008 at 08:16 AM. Reason: spelling is your friend
tbd is offline   Reply With Quote