Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th October 2022, 04:37 PM   #1
maineman

Default Time for a refund?

I have numerous problems with version 9.0.22. The worst is a total crash that just kills the process and results in lost work. This can happen at any time. There are lots of problems that seem to crop up for no reason such as selection not working and windows freezing. These problems never happen in version 8. Has anyone found out how to get a refund?
maineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2022, 01:38 PM   #2
avesthefox
Expert member

Default Re: Time for a refund?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineman View Post
I have numerous problems with version 9.0.22. The worst is a total crash that just kills the process and results in lost work. This can happen at any time. There are lots of problems that seem to crop up for no reason such as selection not working and windows freezing. These problems never happen in version 8. Has anyone found out how to get a refund?
I am having the same problems just on one of my PCs so far, so it might be a graphics card issue with the openGL stuff or whatever.

I would not get a refund really, but just report the problems here and hope they get fixed. If anything, the crashes have reminded me to save often which is a good habit regardless how well the software is running :P

In addition to the problems you've mentioned I've been having problems with faces being turned completely black after certain boolean operations and I cant seem to pinpoint the problem in most cases unless its a buggy vertex or face that I need to change the normals or vertex order (which sometimes really does nothing for the problem)

I'm sure Andy knows about these problems and he may be doubling down on fixing them for the next update.

Unless hes having personal problems outside his work that's delaying his work on AC3D. The man really needs to hire a team to help develop this software IMO, it has such great potential to become an amazing 3d modelling app... not that it already isnt really.

Last edited by avesthefox; 1st November 2022 at 01:43 PM.
avesthefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2022, 05:03 AM   #3
Andy
Administrator
Professional user

Default Re: Time for a refund?

Most problems are caused by graphics cards libraries but, of course, bugs can exist.

If you are getting crashes, please contact direct so we can work through the problem.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote