Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th March 2004, 06:29 PM   #11
Cowboybebop
Professional user

Default Re: Gile[s]...did any one know about this?

Heck I've been using lightwave lately and I prefer AC3d modeling over the lightwave modeler and that's saying a lot. Sure AC3D doesn't have the million modeling tools that LW has but the gap for Useful modeling tools between ac3d and LW,maya, max is a very small one. And AC3d workflow is the best by far of them all, pretty incredible. Now zbrush is the type of app that compliments whatever your using, Ac3d is the type of app to replace what your using. :twisted:

I admire the work of the greatest Modeler of them all, God.
Cowboybebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2004, 01:54 PM   #12
gogi
Expert member

Yes, I totally agree, AC3D doesn’t have variety of ready made tools but it has very solid modeling capability. And it is still growing.
Old 28th March 2004, 06:57 PM   #13
mconn1
Expert member

Has anyone tried Maxon's Cinema 4D or Bodypaint 3D? I picked up the demo at the GDC/IGF last week. But I haven't had a chance yet to try it out.
mconn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2004, 02:50 AM   #14
Cowboybebop
Professional user

Quote:
Originally Posted by mconn1
Has anyone tried Maxon's Cinema 4D or Bodypaint 3D? I picked up the demo at the GDC/IGF last week. But I haven't had a chance yet to try it out.
yes both are great application, I like body paint with it and AC3d you can do some mean stuff. The thing to watch out about with these expensive apps is that they have bugs and very long periods of time before they are patched, and a lot of missing features that one application may have and another doesn't. I mostly am interested because of the renderers and the animation tools(learning animation principles while I wait for AC3d animation system)

At first I thought learning it would be cool because I could get models up quickly in ac3d and refine them in Lightwave before animating and rendering in lightwave. But I quickly grew a big dislike for the modeler and the tools so I'm just learning animation with it now. That's what happens when you truly get comfortable with AC3d's workflow. It is just so intuitive, once Andy finishes the animation system and a few other things AC3d is going to BE turning EVEN more heads than it already is. I got a lot of tips from Veterans they said just about everyone has their secret app they use on the side of the main application. So while their studio may say they use maya or max a lot of artist do work with their favorite tools export/import then tweak and use those expensive application for the one or few features they've bought them for. Not everyone does this but I just feel like it was a good idea for instance. If I had not used ac3d then I would not understand hardly anything about 3d modeling. It actually help me learn the Lightwave better, the whole time I was going along like I can do that quickier in AC3D, or ac3d it goes like this, counter clockwise and etc.

I admire the work of the greatest Modeler of them all, God.
Cowboybebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2004, 05:59 AM   #15
mconn1
Expert member

Thanks Cowboy, that really does help. I have only been this for a short time and you explained some things that I had suspected. I wanted to check out Bodypaint 3d because I thought it was a great idea to paint directly onto the model. I doubt I will buy the program because, as you said, it is a tad expensive for a hobby.
mconn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2004, 12:01 PM   #16
Stiglr
Professional user

I tried the BodyPaint demo and was immediately sold on it....of course, I don't have $750 Euros laying around. So it's a case of knowing there's the ideal tool for you to use, and not being able to get to it for the price (anybody remember Max, hehehehe).

I'll have to try this gile thing; if I can get something similar to BodyPaint (painting directly onto the model in realtime, automatic, non-destructive skin graphic creation), $50 would be money well spent.

My Gaming Rig:
i5 2500K Quad-Core CPU at 3.3GHz
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
4GB of PC12800 DDR3 memory
Windows 7
1GB Galaxy GeForce GTX550 Ti video card GeForce 270.61 drivers (4/2011)
Cougar joystick/throttle combo
CH Pedals
Stiglr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2004, 12:53 PM   #17
dangerdave

gile[s] is good.

If you want to paint on a model like Zbrush or Bodypaint, then you should
look at Tatoo. There is a free demo.
<a href=http://www.terabit.nildram.co.uk/tattoo>Tatoo</a>
dangerdave is offline   Reply With Quote