Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D Work In Progress / Showcase
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd January 2019, 08:40 PM   #1
Baenlynn
Junior Member
Junior member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 6
Default 3d printing project




The sphere in the claw was dyed red with acrylic fabric dye. Image 1, Image 2

Finally back home after the Christmas break. Have to say that AC3D performed flawlessly with the Lulzbot. I broke the model into several pieces, printed it in PLA and glued them together. The base was added to the cane body and is entirely friction fit, I have no hope in hell of getting it off again. Now that is precision. Likewise the spherical subtraction from the hand. I gave myself two tenths of a millimetre to play with, anticipating a few burs from support material, and some expansion from painting and gilding (which didn't end up happening because I couldn't make it stick), and the sphere rolls freely without any hint of wobble.

Coming from a Photoshop background to 3D modelling I had a hard time wrapping my head around every other CAD and modeling program I tried. With AC3D I was doing what I wanted to do within minutes, and learning more about the program and better techniques as I worked on my project. Well worth every penny I spent, and I'm already working on my next 3D printing project.

Last edited by Andy; 4th January 2019 at 08:30 AM.
Baenlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:32 PM.


AC3D Forum
(C) Inivis Limited 2020