Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th December 2005, 05:51 PM   #11
luuckyy
Professional user

I didn't think Hawk was talking about that line that normally occurs in this case ops:
Anyway he also can combine the surfaces (2 on 4 sides) and then delete the four vertices in the middle of the new box ... because your 2 solutions do not work for me ( :?: )
I mean, if I delete the right side of the box before mirroring, I still have the middle line after the mirroring process, and your second solution only unselect the front (and back) surfaces ... top, side, and bottom surfaces are still selected, so if you delete at this point, you end up with a very strange box (??).

8)
luuckyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2005, 06:17 PM   #12
Dennis
Professional user

Quote:
Originally Posted by luuckyy
I mean, if I delete the right side of the box before mirroring, I still have the middle line after the mirroring process
You do still get the middle line, but I think he was also seeing a white line (representing the surfaces in the center) that bled through the normal surface line.

Quote:
, and your second solution only unselect the front (and back) surfaces ... top, side, and bottom surfaces are still selected, so if you delete at this point, you end up with a very strange box (??).
Ah, probably should be clearer --- I've posted a pic that shows where to drag+deselect , you also have to have "select backfaces" checked here. The red lines shows where the mouse drags take place --- in this image, the left side of the mirrored box has already been de-selected:

Hope that helps...

Dennis
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2005, 06:51 PM   #13
luuckyy
Professional user

Ok I see now, it works (didn't know we were able to (un)select this way - thanks).
A quicker solution could be to "optimize surfaces" ...
Arf ... good night :wink:
luuckyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2005, 01:30 PM   #14
Hawk
Professional user

Using what was suggested that works best for me seems to be this.
1.Select the surface of the box in the 3D view where the offending line occurs and delete that surface.
2.Now mirror and the line is not visible. Problem solved
This has to mean that for any mirrored objects it is far better if they are developed as empty shells, and not solids.
http://www.tomah.com/DElliott/box.gif
Thanks
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote