Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D Work In Progress / Showcase
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26th July 2008, 07:33 AM   #21
tbd
Professional user

Default Re: Diablo revisited

Yea,you have to set the axis each time you want to rotate around the custom axis. Its not a bug, but how this works. I dont see much problem at the moment with that way, but maybe in the future it will remember the spesific axis
tbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2008, 07:34 AM   #22
tbd
Professional user

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew stanford View Post
im going to try and make a space craft i will get it started soon wish me luck lol
Looking forward to that
Old 27th July 2008, 04:05 AM   #23
EagletomCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbd View Post
Yea,you have to set the axis each time you want to rotate around the custom axis. Its not a bug, but how this works. I dont see much problem at the moment with that way, but maybe in the future it will remember the spesific axis
.. yea, I meen something like selection box "Set C axis permanent" for object, and you could decide to use it or not ...
EagletomCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2008, 03:46 PM   #24
EagletomCZ

One more question tbd .... please how did you make transparent windows on canopy, not complete transparent but with that slightly coloured "glass" look. I tried playing with textures, but unsuccesfully.
Old 30th July 2008, 04:26 PM   #25
tbd
Professional user

Well, thats easy. Select the object you want transparent and choose a color you havent used on the model. Then rightclick that color and click edit material. In thewindow that pops up you see the transparency slider. You can also adjust color and stuff there. Just set the transparency you like and close. To get the transparency to work as it should you need to always keep the object at the bottom of the hierarchy. Just drag it down. Save and close Ac3d Reopen the model and there at the end of the materials is your new transparent material. I dont know why it is like that, it just is
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image2.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	1103  

Old 30th July 2008, 06:37 PM   #26
lisa
Professional user

Quote:
I dont know why it is like that, it just is
I happen to know the answer to that one. It's because AC3D is using hardware z-buffering. If the transparent object is drawn first, then it will already be written into the z-buffer as the "nearest" object, so the video card won't draw what's behind it at all. If the other object is already drawn though, the transparent object will get drawn on top because its nearer the screen than the object that's already in the z-buffer. The only fix for that is to sort transparent objects before sending them to the video card... which changing the order in the hierarchy does.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-buffering

Oh, btw, saw the boots and helmet in your other thread. Not bad! I like the helmet. I think the boots need more of an instep/side arch though, they're too symmetrical.
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2008, 06:58 PM   #27
tbd
Professional user

Thanks Lisa. Instep/sidearch is beyond my understanding of english and where you mean. I understand its on the side? but not much more
Old 2nd August 2008, 12:26 PM   #28
EagletomCZ

Lisa & tbd, many thanks to both of you for very useful hints.
Old 4th August 2008, 10:16 PM   #29
lisa
Professional user

Quote:
Thanks Lisa. Instep/sidearch is beyond my understanding of english and where you mean. I understand its on the side? but not much more
Hmm. Now I'm hard-pressed to describe, lol.

If you're playing soccer, the part of your foot you use when you make a nice gentle pass to a friend. i.e. The inside of your foot. There's an arch that forms between the big toe and the heel. It's most visible from the bottom, but it still causes the inside edge (left side of the right foot, or right side of the left foot) to be just a smidge taller than the outside edge even when viewing the top of the foot.

Saw the gun. Love the wear marks above the button.
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 07:46 PM   #30
Pwnlicious

This 3D model is very nice. Probably the best one I have seen in a long time. Keep it up!