Go Back   AC3D Forums > Technical > AC3D Bugs and Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 15th June 2012, 03:22 PM   #1
PixelOz

Exclamation 3D Screen Saver Doesn't Reset Coordinates to Zero

I know that if you set for example the X Spin parameter to zero but input a number in the Y Spin parameter box your model will rotate only horizontally.

That is very nice cause if you have let's say the 3D model of a car or an airplane it looks very cool to make it rotate horizontally only. You can make it rotate in both axes if you want it to but I found that for some models they look better if you make them rotate horizontally only if that is the user choice.

That is OK but the problem is with the keyboard controls.

When the model starts to spin it starts with its coordinates set to zero but a problem arises as soon as you start to use the keyboard controls. Once you start to use them these coordinates never reset to zero.

So if you spin the model faster with the keyboard control for example and then stop it with the spacebar when you activate the screensaver again the model coordinates are screwed up and if you are using a model like the examples I gave you like a airplane it will no longer rotate perfectly horizontally if you want to because the starting coordinates will be exactly the way they were when you stopped it with the spacebar.

I tried starting the screensaver again and even restarting the computer but the coordinates do not reset to zero. So when you try to start your beautiful horizontal spin for example your model is tilted in one way or the other.

Of course you can correct it by leveling it little by little with the keyboard controls again but this is very cumbersome and it's very, very difficult to get it back to be perfectly straight and there is no way to tell for sure if it really is completely straight and of course if you start to play with with the keyboard controls in another time, here we go again.

Please fix this. I think that the model coordinates have to start at zero every time the screensaver starts and better yet you should add a keyboard control to reset the model to its default zero rotation position at will.

I suggest that you use the Ctrl + spacebar key combination cause you are already using those keys in the screensaver and that way you don't compromise another key that the users use to turn the screensaver off. You already compromised those so use those in combination.

The zoom is not a problem cause if you just set it back to 1 for example it is the way the screensaver was set from the factory. The problem is with the rotation coordinates only.

Please fix this. The screensaver is great and I love it! And I think that your users will be very happy about it too.

Last edited by PixelOz; 15th June 2012 at 03:24 PM.
PixelOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2012, 01:41 AM   #2
PixelOz

Exclamation Re: 3D Screen Saver Doesn't Reset Coordinates to Zero

I also found another problem related to this same keyboard controls bug. I have now been using it for quite a while and found in practice that it is very easy (too easy) to hit the spacebar by accident and many, many times when the screensaver activates I find the model completely motionless.

I mean it activates but because I had previously clicked the spacebar by accident when it starts again the rotation has been reset to zero accidentally so it is then completely static so I have to go to the screensaver parameters setting window and set the rotation speed again and that is after straightening the model again little by little with the keyboard controls.

So I think that there should be an option in the control panel of the app (a check-box) to disable the keyboard controls and/or make the stop keys a keyboard combination that is much more difficult to hit by accident.

Please Inivis fix these simple bugs. They are really marring very badly for all your users an otherwise very good program.
PixelOz is offline   Reply With Quote